Due to the generous support from club sponsors
We are very happy to able to provide FREE UNIFORMS to ALL PLAYERS who sign up for our Spring or Fall Competitive Programs
What is the Competitive Program?
The Competitive program is our flagship program which offers both Fall & Spring competitive soccer for children born between 2001 & 2011. This is easily our largest & most successful program which recently received State & Regional success in the Spring 2019 season. These teams will receive regular & planned coaching in from Billings United coaches & travel throughout Montana & beyond to compete against the best there is to challenge these aspiring athletes & to give them a great fun experience while being part of our inclusive & supportive Billings United community.
How does it work?
Players are assessed according to their birth year (Player’s are grouped into birth year groups)
Players are then grouped according to developmental level:
• U9’s-U15’s need to train with players of similar ability
• Multiple teams are created within age groups based on ability
• There is some fluidity for players to move between teams in age group based on their potential development during the season.
• Work with a specific team in development group
• Assist director with evaluating players
• Implement sessions & provide feedback
Timbers & Thorns Directors
• Create season plan
• Create and implement session plans, club curriculum
• Work with staff coaches in development group to improve player development
Fall season: Aug 10 – October 28
Evaluations Aug 10, 12, 13 held during regularly scheduled training times. 6-7:30pm at Amend Park, Billings.
3 game weekends Dates
Teams will have 1 tournament included in their fees. Additional Tournaments are optional at additional cost to the individual players.
Tournament Options TBD at this time.
Spring Season: January – June
• Jan-Feb: 2-3 indoor sessions
• March: 4-7 sessions outdoor sessions: aim is to be on the field by mid March
• April-June: 2-4 sessions per week
• 8 games or 4 game weekends league dates: anticipated first league date 1st week of April
• 2 tournaments (Additional Tournaments are covered by the parents of the team)
U14 & below – Stockman Bank Magic City Classic & 1 other
U15 Above – 2 other including the option of Alliance Showcase event in Portland OR
Find your age
Fall 2019 – Spring 2020 seasons
Birth year 2012 (u9)
Birth year 2011 (u10)
Birth year 2010 (U11)
Birth year 2009 (U12)
Birth year 2008 (U13)
Birth year 2007 (U14)
Birth year 2006 (U15)
Birth year 2005 (U16)
Birth year 2004 (U17)
Birth year 2003 (U18)
Birth year 2002 (U19)
Teams & Coaches