Player Development Program
These sessions will be run by the Billings United Technical staff in conjunction with members of the coaching staff. These sessions will focus on individual skill development and preparing players to advance their skills and understanding of the game. Players participating in these sessions may also participate in Recreational Soccer. This is a great program for those who are looking to enhance their skills and understanding of the game.
• Technical: Players will learn basic technical skills such as dribbling, passing, receiving and shooting. A low ball to player ratio will be emphasized during training sessions in order to maximize touches on the ball and keep players engaged.
• Tactical: Players at this age are egocentric, making it difficult for them to understand concepts outside of themselves and the ball. Therefore, tactical concepts will be limited to teaching field boundaries and direction of play.
• Physical: Basic motor skills like walking, running, jumping, and skipping will be combined with ball control.
• Psychological: Training sessions will be composed of fun games and scrimmages in order to maximize enjoyment and self-confidence.
• April 3-May 16(7-week season)
• Tuesday/Thursday 6:30PM-7:30PM
• Weekly inter-club 4v4 scrimmages during training sessions.
• Individual Registration (max capacity 45 registrants)