W h a t i s T o t s ?
Tots soccer is designed to provide an introduction to the game in a developmentally appropriate manner. Children ages 2-5 participate with other children of the same age. They progress through fun and interactive games designed to develop overall body coordination, the ability to balance, and most importantly have fun. Parents for children ages 2 and 3 are encouraged to participate with their children based on their child’s needs, 4 and 5 year olds are generally more self sufficient. This is an incredibly fun activity for both parents and the children! Don’t think of it as soccer, think of it as learning how to be creative using the ball as a toy.
Location: Amend Park
Dates: April 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd
Here’s how a typical 30 min session looks. Players arrive 5-10 minutes prior to start and begin to kick the ball with the coach and parents.
- Coach calls players and parents in, and introduces home base.
- Children begin with a game of “Animal Dribbling”
- Followed by a game of “Peg the Coach”
- We will definitely take water breaks and will acknowledge anything amazing like a plane, or fire engine. These are important distractions to children this age.
- Spirited Game of Soccer Tag
- Focused fun on Cone Castle Building and demolition
- Soccer Cheer! Interested players can stay for a few minutes and kick the ball around with the coach.
W h a t t o B r i n g:
Soccer cleats or tennis shoes
Your favorite soccer-ball
C o s t
[fts_facebook type=album_photos id=518036685216426 access_token=EAAP9hArvboQBAEmfuFVyLAVBzsLctPXSmoZAZA2NdoouxphQ5SE67eDBulUbDyMp7obpXmVm6oMSXwTTj25ZCZBtsAmRzzhjPruu55iZA1MDZApi5vp0w9WsUVyp0uW4B5DXnKJeStPLqlmkJsGiLql3wMiejSmAgLSJkKZCnsNTQZDZD posts=6 description=no album_id=720144565005636 image_width=250px image_height=250px space_between_photos=1px hide_date_likes_comments=no center_container=yes]