What is the Competitive Program?
The Competitive program is our flagship program which offers both Fall & Spring competitive travel soccer. You are joining a long line of success. We have received State & Regional success consistently through the years and recently sent 12 teams (U13-U18) to the Far West Regional & Far West Presidents Cup in the 2021 & 22 Spring Season. Teams will receive regular & planned coaching in from Billings United coaches while we strive to provide to best developmental soccer education in the state. Teams travel throughout Montana & beyond to compete against the best there is, to challenge these aspiring athletes & give them an awesome, fun, and engaging experience as part of our inclusive & supportive Billings United community.
How does it work?
Players are assessed according to their birth year for 3 practice sessions throughout a week period. Players are encouraged to attend all days if possible.
Players are then grouped into teams according to developmental level:
• U9’s-U15’s need to train with players of similar ability
• Multiple teams are created within age groups based on ability if required.
• There is some fluidity for players to move between teams in age group based on their potential development during the season.
• Work with a specific team in development group
• Assist directors with evaluating players
• Implement sessions & provide feedback
Timbers & Thorns Directors
• Create season plan
• Create and implement session plans, club curriculum
• Work with staff coaches in development group to improve player development
Spring Season: January – June
Season Fee: 7v7 Teams $575, 9v9 & 11v11 Teams $975, and includes a Full Uniform and the following:
Training & dedicated team coach/coaches
• March – June: 2-3 sessions per week
• 4 game dates minimum: anticipated first league date 1st week of April
Amend Park Field Map Spring 2023